At Aloki, we take our customers’ privacy and security seriously. We are committed to protecting your privacy and security and to complying with the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988.
Depending on the particular circumstances, we may collect and hold a range of different information about you.
(a) Individually identifiable information
The types of individually identifiable information we collect will depend on the purposes(s) for which we are collecting it. For example, we may ask for:
- – your name;
- – contact details;
- – identification information;
- – history records of your communication and interaction with us;
- – details or history of preference, interests and behaviour relation to transactions, products, services and activities on our Site; and
- – other similar Personal Information that is needed to register or subscribe you to our services or offers.
- If we ever ask for significantly different information, we will inform you. If you do not provide certain requested Personal Information to us, we may not be able to provide you with access to and use of the Site, products and services, functions or activities applicable to you.
(b) Non-identifiable information
Non-identifiable information is data that has never been labelled with individual identifiers or from which identifiers have been permanently removed, and by means of which no specific individual can be identified. When you visit the Site, our servers may automatically record non-identifiable information that your browser sends. This data may include:
- – your computer’s IP address;
- – browser type;
- – webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site;
- – the pages within www.aloki.one you visit; and
- – the time spent on those pages, items, and information searched on our Site, access times, dates and other statistics.
Non-identifiable information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve the Site and the services and products we provide. This data will not be used in association with any other Personal Information.
We may collect your information in a number of ways, including:
(a) Directly from you, including but not limited when you:
- – browse our Site;
- – register on our Site;
- – place an order with us;
- – click on Aloki banners, hyperlinks or plugins;
- – interact with us on our social media;
- – have a conversation with our team members for consulting and customer services;
- – if you are a candidate for employment, possibly when you complete forms in relation to the recruitment and selection process, for the purpose of assessment;
(b) From third parties such as our related entities, business or commercial partners; and
(c) From publicly available sources of information.
We may store your Personal Information in hard copy or electronic format, in facilities that we own and operate by ourselves, or that are owned and operated by our services providers. We take the privacy and security of your Personal Information seriously and we use a number of procedures and processes to ensure, where possible, the security and integrity of your Personal Information.
We protect your Personal Information by:
- Restricting access to Personal Information;
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access; and
- Securely destroying your Personal Information when it is no longer needed for our record retention purposes.
To further secure your information, we also do not keep details of your credit card information, including the security code (or CCV number) that you need to input in order to complete an order using your credit card.
However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. Once any information is in our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, and modification or disclosure. While we strive to protect such information, we cannot guarantee 100% the security of any information (personal or other) you transmit to us. Therefore, we will not be liable for any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information due to the Site being linked
to the Internet.
We may use your information for a range of different purposes, including:
- (a) to provide products and services to you;
- (b) to communicate with you, including about products and services, competition results, special offers, and events which might interest you;
- (c) to answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
- (d) to create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- (e) to gain an understanding of your information to improve or develop our products and services;
- (f) to provide you with better customer services;
- (g) to perform research and analysis;
- (h) to carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way Aloki and our related bodies corporate and service providers provide products and services to you; and
- (i) to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by relevant regulators or authorities.
We collect aggregated information about you which informs us about our users. The browser information we collect is used in an aggregated, anonymous manner in our internal analysis of traffic patterns within our Site. This information is used by us to administer and improve our products and services.
We engage a range of third parties to provide services and perform business support functions for us. Some of those third parties need access to Personal Information including social media login details and passwords from time to time in order to provide the services or perform the functions we require. Therefore, we may disclose your information to these third parties to:
- (a) assist us in providing products and services which you have requested;
- (b) conduct market research and marketing strategy analysis; and
- (c) manage and develop our business and corporate strategies and functions
Where we share your Personal Information with third party service providers, they will be contractually bound to use the information only for the purposes of providing the services or performing the functions required by us and to store the information securely, for example, storing in non-human readable form to ensure the security of your information.
We may disclose personal information to overseas recipients who are located in places such as the Philippines, India, Singapore and other countries or jurisdictions depending on the nature of the services those recipients provide to us (for example storing data via a cloud service, or where our customer relationship management system is hosted on servers located overseas, or where delivery address information for online orders or payment is managed via a third party located overseas).
We use “cookies” when you visit our Site. It is a technology that enables us to operate an efficient service and track the behaviour patterns of visitors to the Site.
There are four main types of cookies:
- (a) Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the Site and use our features;
- (b) Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the Site, to improve both its functionality and your user experience;
- (c) Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing on our Site, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your user experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you; and
- (d) Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver marketing and advertising materials that are relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an advertisement and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By using our Site, you agree to us placing these cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the Site in the future. You can modify the settings on your device to prevent cookies use. Please note by disabling cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our Site.
Under the Privacy Act 1988, individuals have a right to complete access to their records. You may ask us in writing to provide you with details of the Personal Information we hold about you. We will endeavour to process your request as soon as practicable.
If you wish to amend information that is out of date or incorrect, or if you wish for your Personal Information to be removed from our database, please contact us at email@example.com.
- (b) have any questions, comments or complaints regarding our practices; or
you can contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find more information about privacy and the protection of your Personal Information on the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) at www.oaic.gov.au.
This page was last updated on 26 November 2017.